Use a Professional for Duct Improvements
Trust our technicians to deliver elite service and expertise on your furnace or AC service repair, or maintenance in the Columbus and Central Ohio area.
We have certified technicians and trucks ready to handle any unit installation or replacement you have in the Columbus and Central Ohio area.
Click Here to view our current sales and promotions to see how you can save on your upcoming repair in in the Columbus and Central Ohio area!
Work with a Professional Contractor for Duct Improvement Projects
Many homeowners choose to work with a professional contractor for duct improvement projects. Most heating and cooling equipment contractors also repair ductwork. Look for a contractor that will:
- Inspect the whole duct system, including attic and crawlspaces.
- Evaluate the system's supply and return air balance. Many systems have air return ducts that are too small.
- Repair damaged and disconnected ducts and straighten out flexible ducts that are tangled or crushed.
- Seal all leaks and connections with mastic, metal tape, or an aerosol-based sealant.
- Seal all registers and grills tightly to the ducts.
- Insulate ducts in unconditioned areas (like attics, crawlspaces, and garages) with duct insulation that carries an R-value of 6 or higher.
- Include a new filter as part of any duct system improvement. The contractor should evaluate air flow after repairs are completed.
- Ensure there is no back drafting of gas or oil-burning appliances, and conduct a combustion safety test after ducts are sealed.
Energy Star - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - U.S. Department of Energy